How do I restore my license after a DUI?

If you have not received your DL RESTORATION REQUIREMENTS LETTER by mail go to PENNDOT and request one (it is free) or you can visit and print the letter.

If the Restoration letter indicates that you should have completed COURT ORDERED TREATMENT PROGRAM (ACT 122), you must provide a Certificate or Letter from the program stating that you have completed treatment. Both documents must be provided to the DUI Coordinator, the office is located at the Criminal Justice Center (1301 Filbert St. Philadelphia, PA 19107. Room B-H). Phone: 215-683-7970/7971. If you reside outside of Philadelphia county or out of State you can mail copies of these documents (do not mail any original document). Please include a phone number where you can be contacted in case any pages or documents are missing.

How to obtain a WORK LICENSE (Occupational Limited License)? 

You will need to go to PENNDOT and request the DL-15 FORM, Occupational Limited License (OLL) petition. It is also available on-line at There is a $65.00 petition fee which is non-refundable. An Occupational Limited License (OLL) is only available for first DUI offenders.

Does an Alcohol Highway Safety School certificate help restore my license?

No, it does not. An Alcohol Highway Safety School is only a requirement for the Probation Department and a copy of the certificate should be provided to you Probation Officer.

Can I complete the Alcohol Highway Safety School on-line?

On-line courses are not accepted in the State of Pennsylvania. AHSS certificates would only be accepted if you have a physical disability that impedes you from attending a program.